We are pleased to present a 2-day seminar with Dr Clare Pyers (TCM) :
Integrative TCM Pathology – Interpreting Conventional Blood Work and Functional Testing into a Chinese Medicine Framework
Clare Pyers is the author of Integrative TCM Guide: Pathology and is a highly regarded speaker at AACMAC and WFAS industry conferences. Her cut-through on complex topics is part of what makes her a popular presenter and she will give you easy to understand explanations that you can relay back to your patients in clinic. Clare has mentored many practitioners on Integrative TCM over the past 13 years.
13 CPD hours approved by NZASA
Saturday 9th September 2017 – Sunday 10th September 2017
9am – 5:30pm
Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided.
(Gluten-free and Vegetarian options available)
NZICM AGM 1:30pm Sunday 10th September.
Quality Hotel Parnell
10-20 Gladstone Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052
Plenty of free on-street parking and some parking on the hotel grounds.
*EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Registered Practitioner Member Rate**: $420
Full Rate: $500
Student (Full time – undergraduate): $335
Registered Practitioner Member Rate: $500
Full Rate: $600
Student (Full time – undergraduate): $400
*Early Bird: Full payment is required 4 weeks prior (before 12th August 2017)
*Registrations cancelled up to one week prior to the seminar will be refunded less 20%. We regret that refunds are not otherwise possible.
**Members of the NZASA, Acupuncture NZ and Australian Professionals.
To attend the course please make your payment intoKiwibank 38-9018-0363505-00
our brand new account. Please update the account number if you have us in your payee list.
Leave your name and conference as the reference.
And send us an email to confirm to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be issued with your CPD certificate and receipt after the course. Thank you.
Deepen your understanding on Integrative TCM in this 2 day interactive seminarThis seminar is suitable for:
- Experienced practitioners
- New TCM graduates and final year students
- Naturopaths and Integrative GPs
Whatever your current level of understanding of this topic, Clare can help you expand your knowledge, fill the gaps and learn the intricacies of Integrative TCM.
Integrative TCM and Functional medicine
Functional medicine forms the pivot between conventional medicine and TCM – Clare’s in-depth knowledge and approach to both functional medicine and TCM will guide you through step by step on the way to use your knowledge of one system to deepen your understanding of the other.
What you will get from this seminar
The end result after this seminar:
- you will learn what you need to know to be confident in discussing this with patients
- you will have a way to translate between a functional medicine and a TCM diagnosis
- you will have more tools to measure patient’s progress
- you will have a framework to keep patients motivated on their treatment plans
- highly refined clinical skills that will help you get better outcomes for your patients
- what to do to start implementing this into your practice straight away
- clearing up the areas of the basic theory that you get stuck on
- case studies (bring your cases with you)
- all your questions answered
Some of the content will be delivered ahead of time as pre-work so that we can spend more time on implementation and covering the areas that you need help in the most.
2 Day Integrative TCM Seminar and Workshop
Day 1: Conventional Blood Test results
- optimal ranges for all the main tests
- kidney function
- liver function
- red and white blood cells
- iron studies
- thyroid hormones
- fertility tests
- vitamin D
- how to analyse results from both integrative and TCM point of view
- the basic areas of theory you are stuck on
- lots of time for questions
Day 2: Functional Testing
- How to use functional testing and how to analyse results
- saliva and urine hormones
- stool test
- IGG and other food intolerance testing
- hair analysis
- heavy metals
- zinc, copper
- MTHFR, folate and B12
Day 2: Bringing it all together
- Bringing it all together
- to test or not to test?
- how to create treatment plans based on results
- when to use TCM, when to use an integrative approach, when to refer
- how to decide on the right tests and right treatments so you get the best result for your patient every time
- using test results as a patient motivation tool, and patient compliance tool
- how to discuss results with other health practitioners, and the patient’s GP or specialist
All this will be covered using real cases, looking in depth at:
- Male infertility
- Female infertility
- Autoimmune diseases
- Parasitic infections
- Women’s health and menopause
- Mental illness
Please email email@example.com if you have a patient case that you would like to discuss, or bring to the conference for an analysis from this perspective.
We look forward to seeing you there!